RHINO MEDIA GROUP INC.
RHINO MEDIA GROUP INC. (hereinafter "we" or RentersPages.com) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
RentersPages.com (the "Web Site") is an interactive online service through which visitors may search for rental listings in and obtain information in order to communicate with the Advertisers of the listed rentals (the "Services"). The Services may be accessed at https://www.RentersPages.com/add-property. The Services may also be located on or accessible from third party web sites and/or applications.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Traffic or clickstream data: Data about traffic and usage is not personally identifying or identifiable, and is not supplemented or combined with personally identifying or identifiable information. RentersPages.com may share information it collects with certain selected third parties, but only in aggregated, anonymous form. For example, we may tell an advertiser that a certain number of people visited a certain area on our Web Site, or searched our Web Site for the term "pet friendly". RentersPages.com may collect some information regarding use of the Services by observing browser functions and the files (pages) members and visitors access. For example, RentersPages.com's servers may collect information about the site from which you entered to enable RentersPages.com to calculate and pay its affiliates, information about the most frequently searched terms to help its advertisers provide the most relevant search results, information about usage to check for fraudulent behavior or other abnormalities and to ensure that our Services are technically superior. In addition to the foregoing applications, RentersPages.com may use the information (in aggregate form) to better design the Services.
- Contact information about the rental listed on the Web Site and other Personal Information: RentersPages.com can obtain access to your name, e-mail address and other contact information only when you list an apartment with RentersPages.com, signup as a member, provide comments, submit a problem, or request information from RentersPages.com and provide your name or return contact information.
- Email address, mailing address and sometimes (depending on the service used) financial information such as credit card information or bank account information, as well as any other information that you provide through our website;
- If you contact us, we could save and preserve this correspondence;
- If you send a message to our clients, said message will be registered in our database and can be accessed by both RentersPages.com and our clients;
- If you click to view the number of an advertiser or client, we will keep that information in our database and may share it with our clients.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys used for research purposes, although you do not have to answer. Your answers to these surveys can be linked to your account and can be saved in our files;
- Billing and other information you provide by using the services offered on or through our website;
- Other information from the use of our site, services, content, including without limitation, location data , blogs, and other communication data and resources available to you , that this is necessary for billing purposes or otherwise.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect other information, including information about your computer and your connection, the page display statistics on incoming and outgoing traffic sites, ad data, IP address, operating system and type of browser in order to provide system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about the actions and behavior of our visitors and their browsing habits. The goal is not to identify a particular individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve our site and provide better service. They enable us:
- Analyze the traffic on our website, customize our services, content and advertising, measure promotional effectiveness and estimate the size of our audience and their use;
- Store information about your preferences, and allow us to customize our site according to your personal interests and needs;
- Accelerate your search on our website;
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, RentersPages.com has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects online.
You are responsible for keeping the password, which you were issued or that you have chosen, and allows you to access certain features of our website, confidential. You should not share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Therefore, you should consider any communication that you transmit to RentersPages.com (such as data, questions or answers, comments, or suggestions) as non-confidential, and agree that RentersPages.com will not be liable or responsible if information that belongs to you is intercepted and used by an unintended recipient. However, upon receipt of your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Our collection of Personal Information aims to offer you a unique, satisfactory, safe and effective personalized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Ensure that content on your website is presented to you in the most effective way;
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request or those we think may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- Meet our obligations arising from the services offered on or through our website;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features that we offer, when you choose to do so;
- Allow our clients to communicate directly with user who visited the client’s listing;
- Inform you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data or allow third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We or these third parties may contact you about these products and services by mail or by telephone.
If you are an old or existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) for services similar to those you have requested or ordered on our website. We may also contact you by telephone for customer satisfaction surveys.
You understand your mobile service provider may apply charges to SMS messages we send. Therefore, you hereby warrant that you are the owner or authorized user of the wireless device you use to subscribe to the SMS service, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges. To use the SMS service, you must be 18 years or older, or be otherwise authorized to accept the charges applicable on your invoice. Your mobile operator and/or other service providers may also collect data regarding the use of your wireless device, and their practices are governed by their own privacy policies.
We will disclose information identifiable about visitors to our advertisers, including general information about our visitors (for example, we may inform our advertisers that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertising on a given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women living in a defined area). We could make use of your personal information to allow us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to a targeted audience.
RentersPages.com may share information with companies who work on our behalf to provide certain services, such as email processing and delivery and conducting research and analysis. Except as otherwise provided by applicable legislation, these companies are prohibited from using this information for any other purpose or from sharing this information with other companies.
Contact information provided in connection with problems, comments or requests is used only to respond to those problems, comments or requests. This information is not stored or used in connection with traffic or clickstream data and is provided to a third party only as necessary to respond to the comment, problem or request. Finally, you may choose to provide contact information, other Personal Information, and demographic information in order to participate in optional surveys, which are run for promotional purposes. RentersPages.com may use such information to send you information about its Services. Finally, from time to time, RentersPages.com may provide certain of its members’ registration information to selected third parties who wish to participate in special promotions offered in conjunction with RentersPages.com. Members may opt-out of receiving such communications at any time by contacting RentersPages.com.
Your Personal Information may be transferred outside your province of residence to an organization which has put in place adequate safety measures.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information to respond to valid legal proceedings, such as subpoenas, search warrants and court orders, to respond legal requirements, to enforce our laws, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or in other circumstances as provided by applicable legislation. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, namely our subsidiaries, our holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the seller or potential purchaser of the said business or assets;
- If Rhino Media Group Inc., RentersPages.com or substantial part of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Rhino Media Group Inc.., its customers, etc… This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations to prevent fraud;
- These third parties will be limited in the use of your personal information by the services they provide.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing or other purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use them for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to third parties for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing or transfer at any time by contacting our Privacy Department by going to the "Contact Us” section.
THIRD PARTY BANNER ADs
We may use other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web Site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements on this Web Site and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c. 5 (the “Act”), gives you the right to access your information. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
To request a copy of the Personal Information you have sent to RentersPages.com, please send an e-mail containing your request to Privacy@RhinoMG.com. You must provide your full name and the e-mail from which the request is received (and to which the response will be sent) must match the e-mail on file with RentersPages.com. Except as otherwise provided by applicable legislation, you may then correct or delete such information using the procedures specified in the e-mail.
Any access request may be subject to a minimum payment to cover the costs to provide details of the information we hold about you.
In case you are not satisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at the following address: 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 1H3, by phone at 1-800 -282-1376 or online at www.priv.gc.ca.
Effective date: May 21 2014